home rwkers contact dailies
Written on Monday, May 31, 2010 @ 7:05 PM

Hey clarinetists. :D
I attended the SL training just now.
okay I have alot to brief you guys.

As y'knw, we went thru' a theory lesson by Mr Tang last week.
So in order to test whether did y'all pay attention to Mr Tang, I shall come up w a mini test to test you guys.
I will grade y'all, and those who fail the test will have a mini class session w me :D
I will test y'all whatever that is taught in the worksheet.
As for WanLing, I'll teach you asap then you can sit for the test as well.

I'll be more kind to the sec 1s and I won't be so picky.
For the seniors, HAHAHA, too bad. I'll be picky :D
You guys will sit for this test during the band camp, any one of the sectionals :)
So meanwhile, clear whatever doubts you have.

Please read up more about your own instrument.
Eg. The model, the brand, history of clarinet esp in this June Hols.
It's for your own knowledge but I'll test you guys if I have the time.

from this week onwards, we'll have plenty of section meetings.
You can use this opportunity to voice out your opinions on how I conduct the sectionals.
Please be open cos your opinion really counts and this will definitely help to make the section a better one, and as a whole, we can build up the standard of PHSB as well :D

As SIBF will be coming up in less than 2 months' time.
I need EACH ONE OF YOU to go youtube or whichever webbie to look for a professional clarinet player, observe how he/she plays and have your own ideal sound of the clarinet. Please work towards that ideal sound and I'm pretty sure between this month or so, our section sound will definitely improve.
I will do my part to have more long tones to improve your individual sound as well :)

oh yes. I've observed you guys for quite a while and realised that there isn't much sense of urgency in y'all.
Time is limited and we gotta give in all our best for the upcoming SIBF. please be faster YET ACCURATE AND CAREFUL in whatever you do k ;)

for sec 2s, please work on your high notes!
please please please! :(

I will organise some section outings and meals in order to bond us more together.
thru' this, I hope y'all can be more open and not afraid to voice out anything.
this will also boost your passion for band and music, and we can communicate w each other better.

No more play play during sectionals cos I want this section to remain as the best section and don't wanna regret :D

19:24

rewind



Shoutmix



Please refrain from reproducing anything which doesn't belong to you, without any proper credit.
Copyright © 2009, All rights reserved.